3.05.2011

Lasagna

I have only made lasanga once. Here's the recipe I based it off of. I watched the episode on tv, when it aired and decided to try and make some. For a student, I thought I did a pretty good job. Since the finished product is still in the oven, I'll post post-baked pics later. Here's my rendition of homemade lasagna. :)

First brown ground beef. I don't use any of the extra sausage stuff for sake of expense, but this works just fine for me. Then add it to regular spaghetti sauce: on low heat.

Get lasagna noodles (i don't know how to make my own yet, but I'll figure that out some day.) Cook the noodles in boiling water, then strain and soak in cold water so they don't stick too much before you put the dinner together.

The white pan is what I used to bake it in.



Mix two packages of ricotta cheese, two packages of mozzarella cheese (leave about half a package for the topping), some Parmesan cheese, two spoon fulls of crushed basil leaves and parsley flakes. Mix thoroughly.



Okay, so maybe I used my hands to mix it.... ;) They were clean I promise!


Start layering: Sauce, noodles, cheese, sauce...until no more is left and then sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top.



like this...bake at 375 20-30-45 minutes. Depending on how fast yours cooks will determine the time.... Well I gotta go, mine is starting to smell ready! :)



Thanks,
Lizzy <3>

No comments:

Post a Comment